I'm generally not all that enthralled with Montier and his writing. But this article is a very simple summary of principles that you should take with you every day in your investing journey.
Avoiding big mistakes is far more important than finding grand successes.
1. Always insist on a margin of safety
2. This time is never different
3. Be patient and wait for the fat pitch
4. Be contrarian
5. Risk is the permanent loss of capital, never a number
6. Be leery of leverage
7. Never invest in something you don't understand
-- Canadian Value